Chicken Gumbo Stuffed Peppers
Kool & the Gang Got It Right
Everyone loves to celebrate. Whether it’s surviving the week, honoring another year of life, or rejoicing at the union between two people who love one another, we all find reasons to celebrate. These occasions bring us together and remind us of the best parts of life: joy, laughter, love, and (yes) food.
Soupman soup is more than a kitchen staple – it’s a tool to celebrate the traditions that bring us together.
Let’s all celebrate and have a good time
Few nations can boast as diverse a cultural tapestry as ours. Here at Soupman, we love celebrating all the traditions our melting pot has to offer. One of those traditions – Mardi Gras – is right around the corner and to pay tribute to this lively celebration, we wanted to do a twist on a family classic using our Chicken Gumbo to give it a delightfully Cajun kick.
Enter our Stuffed Bell Peppers. This dish is everything you are looking for: delicious, filling, and just the right amount of zest to get you excited. So what are you waiting for? Grab some beads, throw on some jazz, and get to celebrating!
And by all means, laissez les bons temps rouler!
JOIN THE SOUPMAN FAMILY
Delicious recipes, discounts & news
You have already subscribed.
The Original Soupman™ Chicken Gumbo Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Bell Peppers – 3, cut in half and seeded
- Rice – 1 1/2 cups
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Water – 1 cup
- One pack Original Soupman Chicken Gumbo
- Onion – 1 whole, diced
- Cayenne – 1 tsp
- Bread Crumbs – 1/2 cup
- Shredded cheese – 12 oz
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In sauce pan, add rice, butter, diced onion, cayenne, water and one pack Original Soupman Chicken Gumbo. Let simmer on low for 30 minutes until rice is soft, stirring occasionally. Stir in 8 oz of cheese.
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds. Place on a baking sheet. (For easy clean up, we suggest putting aluminum foil down.)
- Using a spoon, scoop rice mixture into the bell peppers, leaving just enough room for the topping.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top followed by the remaining cheese (or go a little heavy-handed – we won’t judge!).
- Place in the oven and let cook for 20-25 minutes, until bell peppers are cooked and the cheese has melted.
- Gather around your friends and family, brag about your culinary skills, and celebrate!
Have a Soupman Recipe you'd like to be featured on our blog?
Submit your recipe for a chance to have it featured here on The Original Soupman™ blog.