THE ORIGINAL SOUPMAN™ Gameday Lentil Chili
(watch video in link above!)
Prep Time: 15 mins. / Cook Time: 15 mins. / Overall Time: 30 mins.
1 lb. Browned Ground Turkey, Beef or Chicken – your choice
One pack Original Soupman™ Lentil Soup
1- 15 oz. can Black Beans, rinsed, drained
1- 15 oz. can Diced Tomatoes
1- 15 oz. can Cut Sweet Potatoes – Yams if you’re feeling sweet.
1/2 tsp. Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
1/2 Tbsp. Oregano
1/2 c. Water (Optional depending on consistency preference.)
Fresh Lime Juice — for a tart kick
Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream – for a creamy, cool topping
Cheddar Cheese – shredded, because of cheese
Diced Avocados – for a little bit of California flair
Cilantro – to taste
- Prepare the chicken/beef/turkey in a medium sized pot for about 5 minutes – or until browned.
- Add all other ingredients on top of the cooked ground chicken/beef/turkey.
- Cook 5 minutes on high.
- Reduce heat to medium and let quietly simmer for 10 minutes.
- Maintain on low until ready to serve.
- Wait while your friends and family scream for more as loudly as they cheer for their favorite team.
* You want a Vegetarian option? Just skip step number one. It tastes just as yummy!