Prep Time: 10 mins. / Cook Time: 25 mins. / Overall Time: 35 mins.
Half of a pack of Original Soupman™ Crab & Corn Chowder
8 oz. Cream Cheese (softened)
¾ tsp Dijon Mustard
⅛ cup Mayonnaise
¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
⅓ cup Monterey Jack or Colby Jack Cheese
1 Small Round (6 inch/ approximately 1 pound) Sourdough Bread Loaf
(NOTE: If using a larger round loaf– 8-10 inches– double recipe.)
Bread Cubes (from the loaf)
Optional: Assorted Vegetables– recommended: Baby Carrots, Celery Sticks, Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, Red Bell Peppers, Cauliflower, Broccoli, Snap Peas, even Sliced Cucumbers!
- Beat softened Cream Cheese, Dijon Mustard & Mayonnaise together in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in Crab & Corn Chowder, Parmesan Cheese & Jack Cheese.
- Cut top quarter of bread loaf off & carefully hollow out bottom & sides, leaving approximately ½ inch shell all around. Cube all removed bread & set aside.
- Spoon Crabby Corn Mix into bread shell.
- Wrap tightly in foil and place on baking sheet, leaving top uncovered.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap loaf from foil slightly, leaving space between foil & bread for continued baking.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes until cheese is melted & dip is warmed through.
- Serve immediately with bread cubes and recommended assorted veggies.
- Hold on to your hat & don’t get too crabby if there’s none left when you go for your second helping!
*This should be inoffensive to any and all pescatarians. Just find one on the street and ask. Make a new friend.