(Side dish to The Original Soupman™ Soups)
Prep Time: 5 mins./ Cook Time: 10 mins./ Overall Time: 15 mins.
1 Medium Green Tomato (or a Red Ripened Tomato, if you must), cut into ¼ inch slices
4 slices of Bread (your preference: white, wheat, sourdough, brioche, Texas Toast)
½ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
½ cup Mozzarella, Provolone or Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
4 slices of Bacon, cooked
4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
1 tsp. Chives, chopped
⅛ tsp. Garlic powder
⅛ tsp. Pepper
Don’t forget the SOUP: One Container of The Original Soupman™ Soups
- Preheat waffle iron to medium-high heat.
- Half all ingredients, part for each individual sandwich.
- Coat one side of each of the pieces of bread with 1 Tablespoon of mayonnaise. Then, sprinkle garlic powder, chives & pepper on top.
- Add cheeses, tomato slices & bacon.
- Place remaining bread slices on top to complete the sandwich.
- Coat top and bottom of heated waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Place both sandwiches on waffle iron and slowly close the top, making sure top of sandwich stays in tact.
- Cook for 7-8 minutes until bread is toasty and cheese is melty.
- Remove from heat. Cut in half.
- Try to keep your hands off this baby while you are heating your Original Soupman™ [INSERT FAVORITE VARIETY HERE… we recommend: Soupman’s Chicken Noodle Soup] to enjoy with it!